- Measures Water content, EC and Temperature
- Complete kit with readout unit & case
Sensors are normally ordered as a complete kit that includes a WET Sensor, an HH2 Moisture Meter and a handy carry case. There are three types of Kit – each with a different set of substrate calibrations, including coir, peat and mineral wool. Please see below for further information on substrate calibrations and kits.
Wet-2-K is available with various sets of substrate calibrations.
This product is no longer in stock
|The Sensor measures:||Soil Humidity, EC, Temp.|
|Sensor for use in:||Outdoor|
In just 5 seconds the WET Sensor checks 3 crucial variables that influence plant growth: water content, temperature and pore water conductivity (ECp), the EC of the water that is available to the plant.
- Measures water content, EC and temperature
- Measure directly within the root zone
- Quick controls of growing conditions
- Ideal for precision irrigation
The WET Sensor is used throughout horticulture, especially by soft fruit growers and for crops grown in protected environments, where correct growing conditions are critical to both yield and ﬂavour. The compact sensor can be inserted directly into the growing medium with minimal disturbance to either roots or shoots, and provides information for process optimisation, checking growing condition uniformity and precision irrigation.
|Permittivity, ε′||1 to 80 ± 2.5 |
|Bulk conductivity||0 to 300 mS.m-1 ± 10 (ECb)|
|Temperature||-5 to 50°C ± 1.5°C|
|Volumetric Soil Moisture, θ||0 to 100% ± 3% |
|Pore water conductivity||see graph below (ECp)|
|Calibration||Individual sensor calibrations stored within sensor EEPROM|
|Output||Serial data (TTL)|
|Environmental||IP68, 0 to 50°C|
|Power||6 to 10V, ~38mA for 2.5s|
|Dimensions||~120 x 45 x 13mm|
Permittivity is a measure of the dielectric properties of materials, e.g. soils and substrates.
 Soil moisture accuracy refers to errors after applying a soil-speciﬁc calibration, within 10°C of calibration temperature.
WET Sensor Kit WET-2-Kit includes:
- WET-2/d WET Sensor
- HH2 Moisture Meter
- Alkaline battery and comms cable
- Spare battery
- Carrying case
- USB-RS232 adapter cable
- User manuals
- Sensor calibrations suitable for a variety of standard soil types along with substrate calibrations for a range of horticultural media, including coir, peat-based potting mixes and greenhouse "mineral" soils, including Stonewool artificial mineral wool substrate (vertical and horizontal measurement).
1 595,00 €