Quarta-Rad RD1008 - The first handheld radiation detector that detects and displays radiation results for Beta- and Gamma- as two separate values.
It was designed for detecting ionizing radiation and estimating the ambient dose-equivalent values, as well as the ambient equivalent dose-rate of photon (gamma- and roentgen-) ionizing radiation and the beta-particles flux density.
This product is no longer in stock
|Type of Instrument||Air Quality Analyzer|
|The instrument measures:||Radiation|
Summary of the Working Specifications
The device uses two table sensors for detecting radiation (Beta-2 and Beta-2M). While the cost of the device increased significantly due to the use of these sensors, they do allow this detector to detect and display radiation results for Beta- and Gamma- as two separate values.
This the first time that a small, hand-held device can accurately measure the presence of Beta- and Gamma- values in products.
It is astonishing considering that this device weighs only 175 g / 6.2 oz (compared to the typical 10 kg / 25 lbs and above for an equivalent).
- simultaneous and separate evaluation of Gamma- and Beta-particles
- ability to accumulate dose for two users (acts as a dosimeter)
- continuous evaluation with self-test and result correction
- automatic re-test/re-set in case of sudden change in dose-rate or radiation flux-density
- ability to show Background on display and excess of Background
- short measurement cycle
- measurement cycle decreases as the ambient radiation increases
- ability to track measurement cycles
- ability to change alarm thresholds for Beta- and Gamma-radiation
- ability to choose audio or vibration alarm
- calibration coefficient may be modified by the user
Device with simultaneous and separate evaluation of Gamma- and Beta-particles
|Range of indications (μSv/h)||
0.1 – 999.0
|Scale range of Gamma-radiation energy (MeV)||
0.05 – 3.00
|Scale range of Beta-radiation energy (MeV)||
0.05 – 3.5
|Error - of dose rate , not more, where P is the dose rate in µSv/h (%)||
|Error - of flux density, not more, where R is the flux density, 1/cm2* min (%)||
|Error - of dose, not more than (%)||
|Audio Alarm threshold levels - dose rate (µSv/h)||
0.20 до 1.20
|Audio Alarm threshold levels - flux density (1/cm2*min)||
10 – 120
|Measurement Cycle (seconds)||
21 – 1
|Height x Width x Depth (mm)||
140 x 64 x 26
|Batteries («AAA») (pcs)||
|Time of continuous operation, not less than (hours)||