The PolyPen RP 410 is a sophisticated handheld instrument that incorporates an internal Xenon incandescent lamp and measures spectral reflectance of leaves.
The PolyPen RP 410 firmware calculates formulas of commonly used reflectance indexes (e.g. NDVI, NDGI, PRI etc.) and displays these on its touch screen instantaneously as graphs or data sheets.
All data are stored as full spectra in the Polypen's memory and are available for customised calculations and transfer to a PC.
This product is no longer in stock
PolyPen RP 410 features a complete system for measurement of spectral reflectance from leaves. The device is equipped with an internal light source (Xenon incandescent lamp 380 - 1050 nm) and with one type of detector (UVIS or NIR, read more in Versions).
Polypen RP 410 incorporates formulas of commonly used reflectance indices (e.g. NDVI, NDGI, PRI etc.) and enables programming customized indices. Measured data are instantly displayed in graphs or data sheets on the device screen display. They are also stored as full spectrum in the device memory for later re-collection or transfer onto a PC. Li-Ion rechargeable battery, splash-proof case and integrated GPS module make PolyPen RP 410 an ideal tool for field experiments.
Absorbance - calculated data using the following formula
A=log(I0/I), where I0 is reference light intensity and I is measured light intensity
Transmittance - calculated data using the following formula
T= I/ I0, where I0 is reference light intensity and I is measured light intensity
LIST OF CALCULATED VEGETATION INDICES
· Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI)▪
Reference: Rouse et al. (1974) Equation: NDVI = (RNIR - RRED ) / (RNIR + RRED )
· Simple Ratio Index (SR)▪
Reference: Jordan (1969); Rouse et al. (1974) Equation: SR = RNIR / RRED
· Modified Chlorophyll Absorption in Reflectance Index (MCARI1)
Reference: Haboudane et al. (2004) Equation: MCARI1 = 1.2 * [2.5 * (R790- R670) - 1.3 * (R790- R550)]
· Optimized Soil-Adjusted Vegetation Index (OSAVI)▪
Reference: Rondeaux et al. (1996) ) Equation: OSAVI = (1 + 0.16) * (R790- R670) / (R790- R670 + 0.16)
· Greenness Index (G)
Equation: G = R554 / R677
· Modified Chlorophyll Absorption in Reflectance Index (MCARI)
Reference: Daughtry et al. (2000) Equation: MCARI = [(R700- R670) - 0.2 * (R700- R550)] * (R700/ R670)
· Transformed CAR Index (TCARI)
Reference: Haboudane et al. (2002) Equation: TSARI = 3 * [(R700- R670) - 0.2 * (R700- R550) * (R700/ R670)]
· Triangular Vegetation Index (TVI)
Reference:Broge and Leblanc (2000) Equation: TVI = 0.5 * [120 * (R750- R550) - 200 * (R670- R550)]
· Zarco-Tejada & Miller Index (ZMI)▪
Reference: Zarco-Tejada et al. (2001) Equation: ZMI = R750 / R710
· Simple Ratio Pigment Index (SRPI)
Reference: Peñuelas et al. (1995) Equation: SRPI = R430 / R680
· Normalized Phaeophytinization Index (NPQI)
Reference: Barnes et al. (1992) Equation: NPQI = (R415- R435) / (R415+ R435)
· Photochemical Reflectance Index (PRI)
Reference: Gamon et al. (1992) Equation: PRI = (R531- R570) / (R531+ R570)
· Normalized Pigment Chlorophyll Index (NPCI)
Reference: Peñuelas et al. (1994) Equation: NPCI = (R680- R430) / (R680+ R430)
· Carter Indices
Reference: Carter (1994), Carter et al. (1996) Equation: Ctr1 = R695 / R420; Ctr2▪ = R695 / R760
· Lichtenthaler Indices
Reference: Lichtenthaler et al. (1996) Equation: Lic1▪ = (R790 - R680) / (R790 + R680); Lic2 = R440 / R690
· Structure Intensive Pigment Index (SIPI)
Reference: Peñuelas et al. (1995) Equation: SIPI = (R790- R450) / (R790+ R650)
· Gitelson and Merzlyak Indices
Reference: Gitelson&Merzlyak (1997) Equation: GM1 = R750/ R550; GM2 ▪= R750/ R700
▪Indices measured also by PolyPen NIR
- Plant screening & field studies
- Stress response
- Pigment composition
- Water content of plants
- Nitrogen status
- Grain yield
- Automatic calculation of all commonly used reflectance indices
- Calculation of custom indices (possible on request)
- Instant data graphs and data sheets
- Export to a PC via USB communication
- Data browsing and data averaging
- Visualization and data transfer routines to Microsoft Excel
- GPS mapping
- PolyPen 1.0 software (Windows 2000, XP, or higher compatible)
POLYPEN RP 410 UVIS
Spectral response range: 380 to 790 nm.
POLYPEN RP 410 NIR
Spectral response range: 640 to 1050 nm.
- Control and Data Unit for Handheld Devices
Small, portable notebook (type according to current availability on the market).
- Spectralon Reflectance Standard
For the highest diffuse reflectance values - reflectance value 99 %. Spectrally flat over UV-VIS-NIR spectrum. Optically flat to +/- 1 % over the photopic region of the spectrum.
- Self-Adhesive Rubber Pads
One set includes 10 solid pads (to be attached to the clip) and 10 pads with an opening (to be attached at the optical head).